Rotational Abrasion Tester
used to determine the abrasion resistance of paper, plastic, textile fabric, decorations, etc. The principle of abrasion was derived from the test sample, turning on a vertical axis, against the sliding rotation of 2 Abrading Wheels. The wheels are driven by the sample in opposite directions about a horizontal axis displaced tangentially from the axis of the sample One of the abrading wheels rubs the specimen outward toward the periphery and the other wheel, inward to the centre. The area of abrasion from a pattern of crossed arcs of about 30sq.cm
The degree of abrasion for the specimen also depends on the load force 500g,750g or 1000g on each arm being acted onto the axial of the 2Arms, which has a load pressure of 250g>
It confirms to DIN 52347 53109 53754 53799
ISO 5470, 9352, 3573, 4586-2,7784-2
ASTM C217, D1044, D3389,D4060,D5342
- Can select many different sorts of abrasion medium for different tests
- Specimen turntable speed control options of both 60 rpm and 72 rpm.
- LCD display for accurate and convenient setting and monitoring of the whole test.
- Three different precise stainless steel weights 500g, 750g, and 1000g ensure the different requirements for different loads. Weights are marked to show the total load on each wheel. This marking includes the weight of the abrading arm 250 grams
- Abrading arms and fixing sleeves of the abrading wheel have been calibrated and balanced before leaving the factory.
- A vacuum system is included and equipped with a cleaner to move the loose abrading or any dirt
- A precision vacuum nozzle adjustment control allows the height to be modified to accommodate varying specimen thickness.
- A Quick Release Mounting Hub permits quick wheel mounting without the need for a locking nut.
- Equipped with S-11 Resurfacing medium disc from Taber company
- Equipped with a pair of standard abrasive rubber wheel CS-10 or CS-17 from Taber company